What is involved in Sustainability and environmental management
Find out what the related areas are that Sustainability and environmental management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Sustainability and environmental management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Sustainability and environmental management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Sustainability and environmental management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Sustainability and environmental management related domains to cover and 122 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Sustainability and environmental management, IUCN Red List, Appropriate technology, Water desalination, Lisbon Principles, Soil quality, Tragedy of the commons, Food supply, Sustainable fashion, Human impact on the environment, Sustainable market, Green cities, Thermal energy, Volatile organic compounds, Sustainability practices in organizations, Ocean circulation, Ecosystem services, Environmental movement, Brundtland Commission, Energy poverty, International Conference on Population and Development, Natural resource management, Sustainable tourism, United Nations Millennium Declaration, Human population control, Antarctic ice sheet, Sustainability brand, Copenhagen Climate Council, Sulfur oxide, Green marketing, Photochemical smog, Sustainable yield, Fossil fuel, Sustainability advertising, Our Common Future, Urban horticulture, Neolithic Revolution, International Union of Forest Research Organizations, Terrestrial ecoregion, Soil degradation, Sustainable art, Groundwater contamination, Waste management, Sustainable architecture, Global dimming, Birth control, Water quality, Global catastrophic risk, Biodiversity loss, Sustainability reporting, Global warming:
Sustainability and environmental management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Sustainability and environmental management outcomes and plan concise Sustainability and environmental management education.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Sustainability and environmental management is underway?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Sustainability and environmental management with what users do day-to-day?
– Who will provide the final approval of Sustainability and environmental management deliverables?
IUCN Red List Critical Criteria:
Value IUCN Red List quality and integrate design thinking in IUCN Red List innovation.
– What are the business goals Sustainability and environmental management is aiming to achieve?
– How do we maintain Sustainability and environmental managements Integrity?
– What are current Sustainability and environmental management Paradigms?
Appropriate technology Critical Criteria:
Mix Appropriate technology planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Appropriate technology and constraints.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Sustainability and environmental management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Sustainability and environmental management into the services that we provide?
– Do the Sustainability and environmental management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Water desalination Critical Criteria:
Examine Water desalination goals and reduce Water desalination costs.
– Does Sustainability and environmental management analysis show the relationships among important Sustainability and environmental management factors?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Sustainability and environmental management leaders?
– Have you identified your Sustainability and environmental management key performance indicators?
Lisbon Principles Critical Criteria:
Trace Lisbon Principles adoptions and differentiate in coordinating Lisbon Principles.
– what is the best design framework for Sustainability and environmental management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Sustainability and environmental management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Soil quality Critical Criteria:
Probe Soil quality tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– What vendors make products that address the Sustainability and environmental management needs?
– What are all of our Sustainability and environmental management domains and what do they do?
Tragedy of the commons Critical Criteria:
Study Tragedy of the commons tasks and summarize a clear Tragedy of the commons focus.
– How do we go about Comparing Sustainability and environmental management approaches/solutions?
– Which Sustainability and environmental management goals are the most important?
– What about Sustainability and environmental management Analysis of results?
Food supply Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Food supply governance and separate what are the business goals Food supply is aiming to achieve.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Sustainability and environmental management activities?
– What is our formula for success in Sustainability and environmental management ?
Sustainable fashion Critical Criteria:
Confer re Sustainable fashion projects and customize techniques for implementing Sustainable fashion controls.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Sustainability and environmental management project?
– What will drive Sustainability and environmental management change?
– What are our Sustainability and environmental management Processes?
Human impact on the environment Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Human impact on the environment engagements and look in other fields.
– Is the Sustainability and environmental management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Sustainable market Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Sustainable market planning and pioneer acquisition of Sustainable market systems.
– Can we add value to the current Sustainability and environmental management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How important is Sustainability and environmental management to the user organizations mission?
Green cities Critical Criteria:
Meet over Green cities quality and sort Green cities activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Sustainability and environmental management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Sustainability and environmental management values?
– Is Sustainability and environmental management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Thermal energy Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Thermal energy governance and gather practices for scaling Thermal energy.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Sustainability and environmental management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will Sustainability and environmental management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Volatile organic compounds Critical Criteria:
Generalize Volatile organic compounds leadership and tour deciding if Volatile organic compounds progress is made.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Sustainability and environmental management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– When a Sustainability and environmental management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are internal and external Sustainability and environmental management relations?
Sustainability practices in organizations Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Sustainability practices in organizations leadership and find out what it really means.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Sustainability and environmental management process?
– What are our needs in relation to Sustainability and environmental management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How can the value of Sustainability and environmental management be defined?
Ocean circulation Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Ocean circulation decisions and attract Ocean circulation skills.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Sustainability and environmental management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How likely is the current Sustainability and environmental management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Ecosystem services Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Ecosystem services leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Ecosystem services goal is.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Sustainability and environmental management study?
– Are there Sustainability and environmental management Models?
Environmental movement Critical Criteria:
Dissect Environmental movement strategies and arbitrate Environmental movement techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who needs to know about Sustainability and environmental management ?
– Why should we adopt a Sustainability and environmental management framework?
Brundtland Commission Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Brundtland Commission strategies and get the big picture.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Sustainability and environmental management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are accountability and ownership for Sustainability and environmental management clearly defined?
– Why are Sustainability and environmental management skills important?
Energy poverty Critical Criteria:
Dissect Energy poverty results and look at it backwards.
– How can you measure Sustainability and environmental management in a systematic way?
– How do we go about Securing Sustainability and environmental management?
International Conference on Population and Development Critical Criteria:
Revitalize International Conference on Population and Development management and question.
– How will you measure your Sustainability and environmental management effectiveness?
– How do we keep improving Sustainability and environmental management?
Natural resource management Critical Criteria:
Group Natural resource management strategies and finalize the present value of growth of Natural resource management.
– Does Sustainability and environmental management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Sustainability and environmental management?
– Are assumptions made in Sustainability and environmental management stated explicitly?
Sustainable tourism Critical Criteria:
Audit Sustainable tourism quality and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Sustainable tourism.
– What are the disruptive Sustainability and environmental management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What threat is Sustainability and environmental management addressing?
– What is Effective Sustainability and environmental management?
United Nations Millennium Declaration Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on United Nations Millennium Declaration goals and point out improvements in United Nations Millennium Declaration.
Human population control Critical Criteria:
Canvass Human population control risks and prioritize challenges of Human population control.
– Do those selected for the Sustainability and environmental management team have a good general understanding of what Sustainability and environmental management is all about?
Antarctic ice sheet Critical Criteria:
Discuss Antarctic ice sheet tasks and document what potential Antarctic ice sheet megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Sustainability and environmental management?
– Is the scope of Sustainability and environmental management defined?
Sustainability brand Critical Criteria:
Jump start Sustainability brand tasks and look in other fields.
Copenhagen Climate Council Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Copenhagen Climate Council goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Copenhagen Climate Council.
– What are the key elements of your Sustainability and environmental management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Sustainability and environmental management ?
Sulfur oxide Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Sulfur oxide tasks and define Sulfur oxide competency-based leadership.
Green marketing Critical Criteria:
Merge Green marketing decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Green marketing.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Sustainability and environmental management process?
Photochemical smog Critical Criteria:
Explore Photochemical smog failures and spearhead techniques for implementing Photochemical smog.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Sustainability and environmental management, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the barriers to increased Sustainability and environmental management production?
Sustainable yield Critical Criteria:
Study Sustainable yield tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Sustainable yield.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Sustainability and environmental management project manager?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Sustainability and environmental management activities?
Fossil fuel Critical Criteria:
Face Fossil fuel strategies and develop and take control of the Fossil fuel initiative.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Sustainability and environmental management services/products?
– Are we Assessing Sustainability and environmental management and Risk?
Sustainability advertising Critical Criteria:
Derive from Sustainability advertising planning and reduce Sustainability advertising costs.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Sustainability and environmental management?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Sustainability and environmental management strengthening and reform actually originate?
Our Common Future Critical Criteria:
Model after Our Common Future projects and document what potential Our Common Future megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Sustainability and environmental management opportunities costing us money?
Urban horticulture Critical Criteria:
Steer Urban horticulture visions and define Urban horticulture competency-based leadership.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Sustainability and environmental management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Sustainability and environmental management process available?
– What is the source of the strategies for Sustainability and environmental management strengthening and reform?
– Do Sustainability and environmental management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Neolithic Revolution Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Neolithic Revolution leadership and customize techniques for implementing Neolithic Revolution controls.
– Consider your own Sustainability and environmental management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
International Union of Forest Research Organizations Critical Criteria:
Canvass International Union of Forest Research Organizations visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive International Union of Forest Research Organizations decisions.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Sustainability and environmental management moving forward?
Terrestrial ecoregion Critical Criteria:
Focus on Terrestrial ecoregion strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Terrestrial ecoregion projects.
– Is maximizing Sustainability and environmental management protection the same as minimizing Sustainability and environmental management loss?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Sustainability and environmental management process?
– What is the purpose of Sustainability and environmental management in relation to the mission?
Soil degradation Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Soil degradation adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Soil degradation projects.
Sustainable art Critical Criteria:
Discuss Sustainable art results and find the ideas you already have.
– Is Supporting Sustainability and environmental management documentation required?
– Is a Sustainability and environmental management Team Work effort in place?
Groundwater contamination Critical Criteria:
Talk about Groundwater contamination governance and differentiate in coordinating Groundwater contamination.
Waste management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Waste management quality and stake your claim.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Sustainability and environmental management. How do we gain traction?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Sustainability and environmental management processes?
– Does Sustainability and environmental management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Sustainable architecture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Sustainable architecture engagements and find out.
– Think about the people you identified for your Sustainability and environmental management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Global dimming Critical Criteria:
Look at Global dimming failures and correct Global dimming management by competencies.
– Will Sustainability and environmental management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Sustainability and environmental management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Birth control Critical Criteria:
Confer over Birth control quality and attract Birth control skills.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Sustainability and environmental management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Sustainability and environmental management? There might be some that are less obvious?
Water quality Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Water quality issues and improve Water quality service perception.
– Think about the functions involved in your Sustainability and environmental management project. what processes flow from these functions?
Global catastrophic risk Critical Criteria:
Group Global catastrophic risk results and describe the risks of Global catastrophic risk sustainability.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Sustainability and environmental management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Biodiversity loss Critical Criteria:
Guide Biodiversity loss failures and learn.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Sustainability and environmental management forward?
– How do we Improve Sustainability and environmental management service perception, and satisfaction?
Sustainability reporting Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Sustainability reporting planning and customize techniques for implementing Sustainability reporting controls.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Sustainability and environmental management processes?
– Does Sustainability and environmental management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the usability implications of Sustainability and environmental management actions?
Global warming Critical Criteria:
Confer re Global warming quality and describe which business rules are needed as Global warming interface.
– Can we do Sustainability and environmental management without complex (expensive) analysis?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Sustainability and environmental management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Sustainability and environmental management External links:
U.S. Army-Hawaii: Sustainability and Environmental Management
U.S. Army-Hawaii: Sustainability and Environmental Management
[PDF]Sustainability and Environmental Management Policy
IUCN Red List External links:
IUCN Red List of Threatened Species | Britannica.com
Home | IUCN Red List of Ecosystems
Appropriate technology External links:
Home | Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT)
National Center for Appropriate Technology
ERIC – Thesaurus – Appropriate Technology
Water desalination External links:
How much does a water desalination plant cost? – Quora
[PDF]FINAL WATER DESALINATION GRANT PROGRAM …
Water Desalination Grant Funding 2016 Round 4
Soil quality External links:
Charcoal May Help Improve Soil Quality : NPR
Improving Soil Quality & Cover Crops | Small Farms Programs
Testing soil quality | WWF
Tragedy of the commons External links:
Hardin’s Tragedy of the Commons – summary and …
What is tragedy of the commons? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Sustainable fashion External links:
Amour Vert is sustainable fashion made in the USA
Sustainable Fashion | Ljubljana | Matea BENEDETTI
The Need for Sustainable Fashion | NRDC
Human impact on the environment External links:
The Anthropocene: Human Impact on the Environment | …
Human Impact on the Environment – Tick Talk – New Paltz
Human Impact on the Environment – Sustainable Baby Steps
Sustainable market External links:
Grown Green @ Hartley Farm – Sustainable market …
Home – The Sustainable Market
The Sustainable Market Grows | 2017-08-10 | ENR
Green cities External links:
[PDF]Green Cities, Growing Cities, Just Cities? – …
Building Green Cities – Washington
Why is it worth investing in green cities? – CNN
Thermal energy External links:
Ocean thermal energy conversion | technology | Britannica.com
Thermal Energy Facts – Softschools.com
Precision BTU Meters Effectively Measuring Thermal Energy
Volatile organic compounds External links:
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) – AQMD
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – Home Air Check
Ocean circulation External links:
Ocean circulation (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Global Ocean Circulation – Texas Space Grant Consortium
ES: Ocean Circulation Flashcards | Quizlet
Ecosystem services External links:
Ecosystem Services – Natural Resource Consulting
ACES 2018 – A Community on Ecosystem Services
Environmental movement External links:
Most Popular “Environmental Movement” Titles – IMDb
David Brower Center | Home for the Environmental Movement
Brundtland Commission External links:
Brundtland Commission – ProfWork / FrontPage
[PPT]Brundtland Commission: Our Common Future – …
Energy poverty External links:
Sonic cooker uses sound waves to reduce energy poverty – CNN
SolarBora – Solar Home Systems solving energy poverty
Natural resource management External links:
Human Dimensions of Natural Resource Management – …
Department of Natural Resource Management | South …
Natural Resource Management – CA State Parks
Sustainable tourism External links:
Staff – Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism
United Nations Millennium Declaration External links:
United Nations Millennium Declaration
Antarctic ice sheet External links:
Antarctic ice sheet – ScienceDaily
Sustainability brand External links:
UW Sustainability Brand | UW Sustainability
Sustainability brand – Revolvy
Copenhagen Climate Council External links:
Copenhagen Climate Council – SourceWatch
Steve Harper – Copenhagen Climate Council COP14 Side …
Sulfur oxide External links:
Sulfur Oxide | Definition of Sulfur Oxide by Merriam-Webster
Green marketing External links:
Green Marketing Exam 2 Flashcards | Quizlet
Green Marketing Definition and Sustainable Development
3 Tips for Successful Green Marketing – Entrepreneur
Photochemical smog External links:
Photochemical Smog – Boundless Open Textbook
Ground Level Ozone and Photochemical Smog | Map MOOC
Photochemical Smog Flashcards | Quizlet
Sustainable yield External links:
Ask Dr Pauly: What is Maximum Sustainable Yield? | Oceana
SUSTAINABLE YIELD® – Hannon Armstrong
Our Common Future External links:
Our Common Future — Independent Sector
Our Common Future – Login
Brundtland Report ( Our Common Future ) – UN Documents
Urban horticulture External links:
Cornell University Urban Horticulture Institute – Who we are
Urban Horticulture & Design – Farmingdale State College
Community and Urban Horticulture | OSU Extension …
Neolithic Revolution External links:
Neolithic Revolution – World history
What is the Neolithic Revolution? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
International Union of Forest Research Organizations External links:
International Union of Forest Research Organizations – …
Soil degradation External links:
Soil degradation | NSW Environment & Heritage
Soil degradation Solutions 9 Flashcards | Quizlet
Causes of soil degradation Flashcards | Quizlet
Sustainable art External links:
Sustainable Art | Dickinson College
Why Sustainable Art? | University of San Francisco
Groundwater contamination External links:
Groundwater Contamination | Texas Groundwater …
Groundwater Contamination – The Groundwater Foundation
Waste management External links:
Waste Management 10627 S 27th St Franklin, WI Junk …
Waste Management – Franklin, WI – Home | Facebook
Sustainable architecture External links:
LivingHomes – Sustainable Architecture Services
Leaders in place based sustainable architecture | Lake Flato
Global dimming External links:
NOVA – Official Website | Understanding Global Dimming
Global Dimming Flashcards | Quizlet
Global Dimming » Global Dimming | Geoengineering Watch
Birth control External links:
List of Birth Control Pills – Women Home Page
The Pill Club – Birth Control Delivery Pharmacy
Nurx – the easiest way to get on birth control or PrEP
Water quality External links:
Water Quality Association – Official Site
California Integrated Water Quality System
Global catastrophic risk External links:
People | Global Catastrophic Risk Institute
global catastrophic risk | Global Catastrophic Risk | Risk
Biodiversity loss External links:
[PDF]Impacts of Biodiversity Loss on Ocean Ecosystem …
WWF: 60% of Global Biodiversity Loss Due to Land …
Biodiversity Loss Flashcards | Quizlet
Sustainability reporting External links:
Sustainability Reporting | UPS Sustainability
Sustainability Reporting | ISCA