What is involved in Transportation Spend Management
Find out what the related areas are that Transportation Spend Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Transportation Spend Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Transportation Spend Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Transportation Spend Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Transportation Spend Management related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Transportation Spend Management, Advanced Traffic Management System, Active traffic management, California Department of Transportation, Dynamic message sign, Highway advisory radio, IBM Administrative Terminal System, ITS America, Intelligent Transportation System, Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act, National ITS Architecture, Ramp meter, Road Weather Information System, SAFETEA-LU, Speed limit, Traffic camera, Traffic optimization, Transportation Management Center, Urban Traffic Management and Control, Variable-message sign, Vehicle Detector Station:
Transportation Spend Management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Transportation Spend Management adoptions and point out improvements in Transportation Spend Management.
– Think of your Transportation Spend Management project. what are the main functions?
– How will you measure your Transportation Spend Management effectiveness?
Advanced Traffic Management System Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Advanced Traffic Management System adoptions and devise Advanced Traffic Management System key steps.
– What are the key elements of your Transportation Spend Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Transportation Spend Management into the services that we provide?
Active traffic management Critical Criteria:
Mine Active traffic management leadership and change contexts.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Transportation Spend Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Transportation Spend Management forward?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Transportation Spend Management?
California Department of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Grasp California Department of Transportation goals and catalog what business benefits will California Department of Transportation goals deliver if achieved.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Transportation Spend Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How likely is the current Transportation Spend Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is the source of the strategies for Transportation Spend Management strengthening and reform?
Dynamic message sign Critical Criteria:
Steer Dynamic message sign outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Dynamic message sign and constraints.
– Think about the people you identified for your Transportation Spend Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do we monitor the Transportation Spend Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Transportation Spend Management study?
Highway advisory radio Critical Criteria:
Frame Highway advisory radio management and customize techniques for implementing Highway advisory radio controls.
– Think about the functions involved in your Transportation Spend Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does Transportation Spend Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
IBM Administrative Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IBM Administrative Terminal System governance and intervene in IBM Administrative Terminal System processes and leadership.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Transportation Spend Management services/products?
– How do we know that any Transportation Spend Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are there Transportation Spend Management problems defined?
ITS America Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over ITS America adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in ITS America because they lack skills.
– How will you know that the Transportation Spend Management project has been successful?
– Do we all define Transportation Spend Management in the same way?
– How to deal with Transportation Spend Management Changes?
Intelligent Transportation System Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Intelligent Transportation System tasks and learn.
– what is the best design framework for Transportation Spend Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Transportation Spend Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the long-term Transportation Spend Management goals?
Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act Critical Criteria:
Scan Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act projects and display thorough understanding of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act process.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Transportation Spend Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– In a project to restructure Transportation Spend Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are our needs in relation to Transportation Spend Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
National ITS Architecture Critical Criteria:
Infer National ITS Architecture management and report on setting up National ITS Architecture without losing ground.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Transportation Spend Management requirements in detail?
– How can skill-level changes improve Transportation Spend Management?
Ramp meter Critical Criteria:
Learn from Ramp meter tactics and test out new things.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Transportation Spend Management project?
– How can the value of Transportation Spend Management be defined?
Road Weather Information System Critical Criteria:
Study Road Weather Information System adoptions and intervene in Road Weather Information System processes and leadership.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Transportation Spend Management process?
– How do we manage Transportation Spend Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Which Transportation Spend Management goals are the most important?
SAFETEA-LU Critical Criteria:
Consult on SAFETEA-LU results and differentiate in coordinating SAFETEA-LU.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Transportation Spend Management process?
– Who needs to know about Transportation Spend Management ?
Speed limit Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Speed limit tasks and get out your magnifying glass.
Traffic camera Critical Criteria:
Categorize Traffic camera projects and track iterative Traffic camera results.
– Does Transportation Spend Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do we have past Transportation Spend Management Successes?
Traffic optimization Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Traffic optimization planning and find the ideas you already have.
– Does Transportation Spend Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Transportation Spend Management effort?
Transportation Management Center Critical Criteria:
Derive from Transportation Management Center projects and pioneer acquisition of Transportation Management Center systems.
– How do we Improve Transportation Spend Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are assumptions made in Transportation Spend Management stated explicitly?
Urban Traffic Management and Control Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Urban Traffic Management and Control planning and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Urban Traffic Management and Control.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Transportation Spend Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Variable-message sign Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Variable-message sign engagements and finalize specific methods for Variable-message sign acceptance.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Transportation Spend Management in a volatile global economy?
– Does Transportation Spend Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the business goals Transportation Spend Management is aiming to achieve?
Vehicle Detector Station Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Vehicle Detector Station management and assess what counts with Vehicle Detector Station that we are not counting.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Transportation Spend Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Transportation Spend Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Transportation Spend Management External links:
Traffic Consultants, Inc. | Transportation Spend Management
Total Transportation Spend Management From Veraction
Advanced Traffic Management System External links:
[PDF]Design of Advanced Traffic Management System
Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) – Miami-Dade
Centracs ® CCTV – Advanced Traffic Management System …
Active traffic management External links:
Active Traffic Management System – Fehr & Peers
I-66 Active Traffic Management System
Active Traffic Management Feasibility and Screening Guide
California Department of Transportation External links:
[PDF]CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Dynamic message sign External links:
Dynamic Message Sign Information – Full List
Dynamic Message Sign Procurement Workshop – …
Travel Midwest – Dynamic Message Sign Report
Highway advisory radio External links:
Highway Advisory Radio – Virginia Department of Transportation
IBM Administrative Terminal System External links:
IBM Administrative Terminal System – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Administrative Terminal System
IBM Administrative Terminal System
The IBM Administrative Terminal System, also known as ATS/360, provided text- and data-management tools for working with documents to users of IBM System/360 systems. An earlier version ran on an IBM 1440 or IBM 1460 Data Processing System and the IBM Service Bureau Corporation offered a proprietary version, Call/ATS, which ran on IBM 1440 systems or on IBM System/360 DOS systems.
IBM Administrative Terminal System – WOW.com
ITS America External links:
ITS America Annual Meeting 2018
ITS AMERICA DAY [Overwatch] – YouTube
Intelligent Transportation System External links:
[PDF]Intelligent Transportation System/Positive Train …
Intelligent Transportation System Architecture and Standards
[PDF]Intelligent Transportation System Strategic Plan …
National ITS Architecture External links:
[PDF]New National ITS Architecture’s V7 – Systems …
Intelligent Transportation Systems – National ITS Architecture
Ramp meter External links:
[PDF]ITEM 680.81950110 – RAMP METER SIGNALS AND …
Ramp Meter F.A.Q. – California Department of Transportation
SAFETEA-LU External links:
[PDF]Transportation Choices 2030 and SAFETEA-LU
SAFETEA-LU – Safety | Federal Highway Administration
Speed limit External links:
The highest speed limits are generally 70-80 mph (110-130 km/h) in western states and 70-75 mph (113-121 km/h) in eastern states.
Traffic camera External links:
Traffic optimization External links:
Road traffic optimization system – Google Patents
Traffic Optimization | DNS Load Balancing | Constellix
Transportation Management Center External links:
MCDOT Transportation Management Center
Cameras | Transportation Management Center …
Transportation Management Center Pooled-Fund Study
Urban Traffic Management and Control External links:
UTMC means Urban Traffic Management and Control – All …
Urban Traffic Management and Control – YouTube
[PDF]Cycling and Urban Traffic Management and Control …
Vehicle Detector Station External links:
VDS – Vehicle Detector Station | AcronymFinder