What is involved in Lean Mapping
Find out what the related areas are that Lean Mapping connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Lean Mapping thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Lean Mapping journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Lean Mapping leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Lean Mapping related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Lean Mapping, Value stream mapping, Business process mapping, Control plan, Design of experiments, Failure mode and effects analysis, Forrester effect mapping, Information and Software Technology, International Standard Book Number, Kaizen, Multi-vari chart, Operations management, Pareto chart, Poka-yoke, Process capability, Product development, Project charter, Quality filter mapping, Root cause analysis, Shigeo Shingo, Six Sigma, Statistical process control, Supply chain responsiveness matrix, Toyota, Value chain, Value stream mapping software, Voice of the customer:
Lean Mapping Critical Criteria:
Shape Lean Mapping planning and cater for concise Lean Mapping education.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Lean Mapping models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does Lean Mapping appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How to deal with Lean Mapping Changes?
Value stream mapping Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Value stream mapping projects and cater for concise Value stream mapping education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Lean Mapping project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Lean Mapping is underway?
– What are the usability implications of Lean Mapping actions?
Business process mapping Critical Criteria:
Discuss Business process mapping issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Business process mapping.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Lean Mapping processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Lean Mapping objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Lean Mapping?
Control plan Critical Criteria:
Gauge Control plan adoptions and gather Control plan models .
– How do we ensure that implementations of Lean Mapping products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Lean Mapping analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Design of experiments Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Design of experiments adoptions and differentiate in coordinating Design of experiments.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Lean Mapping moving forward?
– How do we go about Securing Lean Mapping?
Failure mode and effects analysis Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Failure mode and effects analysis engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Failure mode and effects analysis relationship management.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Lean Mapping?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Lean Mapping goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Forrester effect mapping Critical Criteria:
Adapt Forrester effect mapping results and get the big picture.
– How do we measure improved Lean Mapping service perception, and satisfaction?
Information and Software Technology Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Information and Software Technology governance and perfect Information and Software Technology conflict management.
– Do we monitor the Lean Mapping decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are current Lean Mapping Paradigms?
– Do we have past Lean Mapping Successes?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Meet over International Standard Book Number leadership and budget for International Standard Book Number challenges.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Lean Mapping in a volatile global economy?
– How will you know that the Lean Mapping project has been successful?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Guard Kaizen engagements and research ways can we become the Kaizen company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the people you identified for your Lean Mapping project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Consider your own Lean Mapping project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How to Secure Lean Mapping?
Multi-vari chart Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Multi-vari chart governance and be persistent.
– What is the source of the strategies for Lean Mapping strengthening and reform?
– What is our formula for success in Lean Mapping ?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Study Operations management strategies and do something to it.
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Lean Mapping agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– What are the business goals Lean Mapping is aiming to achieve?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
Pareto chart Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Pareto chart engagements and plan concise Pareto chart education.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Lean Mapping project?
Poka-yoke Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Poka-yoke tactics and work towards be a leading Poka-yoke expert.
– Does Lean Mapping create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– In a project to restructure Lean Mapping outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Process capability Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Process capability management and define what do we need to start doing with Process capability.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Lean Mapping opportunities costing us money?
– What vendors make products that address the Lean Mapping needs?
– What is our Lean Mapping Strategy?
Product development Critical Criteria:
Discourse Product development governance and know what your objective is.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– The owner of the product development processes in one of the companies stated: there are no product managers named in the company, what should they do?
– What can we do to ensure that all the necessary product development steps are adequately followed under the pressure of being first to market?
– Compare sequential product development and simultaneous product development. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach?
– Project type: what percent of resources should go to new product developments?
– What are we trying to do whilst progressing a product development lifecycle ?
– How should you most effectively invest your product development resources?
– Which step in new product development you think is the most important?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development and/or innovation?
– Do you collaborate with customers for product development andor innovation?
– What are all of our Lean Mapping domains and what do they do?
– What are the steps in the new product development process?
– How can new product development be sped up?
– How would one define Lean Mapping leadership?
Project charter Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Project charter tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Project charter.
– How do we know that any Lean Mapping analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is Lean Mapping Required?
Quality filter mapping Critical Criteria:
Survey Quality filter mapping projects and find out.
– What are our needs in relation to Lean Mapping skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Root cause analysis Critical Criteria:
Chat re Root cause analysis management and define Root cause analysis competency-based leadership.
– Why is Lean Mapping important for you now?
– Do we do Root Cause Analysis?
Shigeo Shingo Critical Criteria:
Discourse Shigeo Shingo visions and research ways can we become the Shigeo Shingo company that would put us out of business.
– What are the disruptive Lean Mapping technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is the scope of Lean Mapping defined?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Look at Six Sigma adoptions and point out Six Sigma tensions in leadership.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Will Lean Mapping have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can you negotiate Lean Mapping successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
– Why are Lean Mapping skills important?
Statistical process control Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Statistical process control failures and ask what if.
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Lean Mapping activities?
– How can you measure Lean Mapping in a systematic way?
– Are there Lean Mapping problems defined?
Supply chain responsiveness matrix Critical Criteria:
Pilot Supply chain responsiveness matrix visions and get answers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Lean Mapping strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why should we adopt a Lean Mapping framework?
Toyota Critical Criteria:
Derive from Toyota tasks and test out new things.
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Lean Mapping project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Lean Mapping project lifecycle?
– Think about the functions involved in your Lean Mapping project. what processes flow from these functions?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Value chain outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Value chain and constraints.
– What are the key elements of your Lean Mapping performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Can we add value to the current Lean Mapping decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How is the value delivered by Lean Mapping being measured?
Value stream mapping software Critical Criteria:
Discuss Value stream mapping software projects and get answers.
– Think of your Lean Mapping project. what are the main functions?
– Are there Lean Mapping Models?
Voice of the customer Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Voice of the customer failures and devote time assessing Voice of the customer and its risk.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Lean Mapping product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Lean Mapping process?
– Are we Assessing Lean Mapping and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Lean Mapping Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Lean Mapping External links:
CiteSeerX — LEAN Mapping
Strategic Lean Mapping – Project Management World Journal
Value stream mapping External links:
[PDF]Lean and Clean Value Stream Mapping – US EPA
SME – Value Stream Mapping
[PDF]Title Value Stream Mapping for SMEs: a case study
Business process mapping External links:
Business Process Mapping and Business Process Modeling
Design of experiments External links:
[PDF]Design of Experiments (DOE) Tutorial – Keysight
Design of Experiments – AbeBooks
The design of experiments. (Book, 1935) [WorldCat.org]
Failure mode and effects analysis External links:
[PDF]FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS (FMEA)
Forrester effect mapping External links:
Information and Software Technology External links:
Information and Software Technology Journal – Home | Facebook
Information and Software Technology – Journal – Elsevier
International Standard Book Number External links:
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
Kaizen External links:
KaiZen Medical Group: Chiropractors: Scottsdale, AZ
Kaizen for Pharma – Sales Force Effectiveness Analytics
Executive Search | Lean Recruiters – Home | Career Kaizen
Multi-vari chart External links:
Multi-Vari Chart and Analysis Book – M/PCpS
Multi-Vari Chart – ISSSP for Lean Six Sigma
Operations management External links:
Operations management (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Pareto chart External links:
How to Create a Pareto Chart in MS Excel 2010: 14 Steps
Pareto Chart in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Pareto Chart – IHI
Poka-yoke External links:
[PDF]Poka-Yoke Presentation for ASQ
[PPT]Mistake Proofing & Poka-yoke – landp.com.au
Process capability External links:
Process Capability Analysis | Minitab with Statistics Training
Process capability Flashcards | Quizlet
Product development External links:
New Product Development by Boston Engineering
i3 Product Development | Innovation Inspiration Integrity
What is product development (new product development, …
Project charter External links:
What Is a Project Charter? Steering Your Project to Success
Quality filter mapping External links:
Quality filter mapping – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Quality filter mapping
Quality filter mapping – Rediff Pages
Root cause analysis External links:
Root Cause Analysis System, Training and Software by …
Root Cause Analysis | AHRQ Patient Safety Network
Learn New Root Cause Analysis Techniques | The Root Blog
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Statistical process control External links:
Statistical process control (SPC) is a method of quality control which uses statistical methods. SPC is applied in order to monitor and control a process. Monitoring and controlling the process ensures that it operates at its full potential.
What is SPC – Statistical Process Control? | InfinityQS
Statistical Process Control – SG Systems USA
Toyota External links:
2017 Toyota Prius Hybrid Car | Take everyone by surprise.
Value chain External links:
The Value Chain Academy | Start
Unmanned Cargo Aircraft changes the logistic value chain
Value Chain – Investopedia
Value stream mapping software External links:
Value Stream Mapping Software | BreezeTree
Value Stream Mapping Software – mtpkit.store
Value Stream Mapping Software | Lucidchart
Voice of the customer External links:
[PDF]THE VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER. – mit.edu
How To Succeed with a Voice of the Customer (VoC) Program
The voice of the customer (Book, 1992) [WorldCat.org]