What is involved in Frugal Innovation
Find out what the related areas are that Frugal Innovation connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Frugal Innovation thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Frugal Innovation journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Frugal Innovation leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Frugal Innovation related domains to cover and 97 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Frugal Innovation, Appropriate technology, Bottom of the pyramid, C. K. Prahalad, Computer cooling, Computer fan, Developing country, Disruptive innovation, Durable good, General Electric, Godrej Group, Jaideep Prabhu, Jaipur leg, Manu Prakash, Mobile banking, Navi Radjou, No frills, Nokia 1100, One Laptop Per Child, Profit margin, Reverse innovation, Small is beautiful, Tata Group, Tata Nano, The Economist, The Financial Times, Thermoelectric effect:
Frugal Innovation Critical Criteria:
Read up on Frugal Innovation tasks and oversee implementation of Frugal Innovation.
– Have you identified your Frugal Innovation key performance indicators?
– How do we Improve Frugal Innovation service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are accountability and ownership for Frugal Innovation clearly defined?
Appropriate technology Critical Criteria:
Look at Appropriate technology quality and test out new things.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Frugal Innovation information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the business goals Frugal Innovation is aiming to achieve?
– How do we go about Securing Frugal Innovation?
Bottom of the pyramid Critical Criteria:
Shape Bottom of the pyramid goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in Bottom of the pyramid because they lack skills.
– Does Frugal Innovation include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Frugal Innovation activities?
– Do Frugal Innovation rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
C. K. Prahalad Critical Criteria:
Talk about C. K. Prahalad decisions and finalize specific methods for C. K. Prahalad acceptance.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Frugal Innovation in a volatile global economy?
– How to deal with Frugal Innovation Changes?
Computer cooling Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Computer cooling tasks and look at it backwards.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Frugal Innovation?
– How can we improve Frugal Innovation?
Computer fan Critical Criteria:
Check Computer fan quality and give examples utilizing a core of simple Computer fan skills.
– Do we monitor the Frugal Innovation decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is our formula for success in Frugal Innovation ?
– Is Frugal Innovation Required?
Developing country Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Developing country projects and sort Developing country activities.
– What is the purpose of Frugal Innovation in relation to the mission?
– Is Supporting Frugal Innovation documentation required?
– Are there recognized Frugal Innovation problems?
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Disruptive innovation risks and ask questions.
– What are the disruptive Frugal Innovation technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– Is Frugal Innovation Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Durable good Critical Criteria:
Debate over Durable good visions and probe the present value of growth of Durable good.
– Will Frugal Innovation have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is there any existing Frugal Innovation governance structure?
– How is the value delivered by Frugal Innovation being measured?
General Electric Critical Criteria:
Mix General Electric outcomes and improve General Electric service perception.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Frugal Innovation project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Frugal Innovation strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we go about Comparing Frugal Innovation approaches/solutions?
Godrej Group Critical Criteria:
Deduce Godrej Group engagements and find out.
– Does Frugal Innovation analysis show the relationships among important Frugal Innovation factors?
– How do we measure improved Frugal Innovation service perception, and satisfaction?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Frugal Innovation been identified and analyzed?
Jaideep Prabhu Critical Criteria:
Check Jaideep Prabhu engagements and find out what it really means.
– What are the key elements of your Frugal Innovation performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Frugal Innovation processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Frugal Innovation products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Jaipur leg Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Jaipur leg adoptions and slay a dragon.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Frugal Innovation project manager?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Frugal Innovation opportunities costing us money?
– Is the scope of Frugal Innovation defined?
Manu Prakash Critical Criteria:
Read up on Manu Prakash planning and tour deciding if Manu Prakash progress is made.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Frugal Innovation leader?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Frugal Innovation process?
– Are assumptions made in Frugal Innovation stated explicitly?
Mobile banking Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Mobile banking strategies and get the big picture.
– For your Frugal Innovation project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is the source of the strategies for Frugal Innovation strengthening and reform?
Navi Radjou Critical Criteria:
Unify Navi Radjou visions and question.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Frugal Innovation?
– How can you negotiate Frugal Innovation successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
No frills Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect No frills leadership and gather practices for scaling No frills.
– In what ways are Frugal Innovation vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How much does Frugal Innovation help?
Nokia 1100 Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Nokia 1100 planning and prioritize challenges of Nokia 1100.
– Consider your own Frugal Innovation project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
One Laptop Per Child Critical Criteria:
Scan One Laptop Per Child engagements and develop and take control of the One Laptop Per Child initiative.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Frugal Innovation processes?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Frugal Innovation?
Profit margin Critical Criteria:
Define Profit margin governance and change contexts.
– How do we know that any Frugal Innovation analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– What are internal and external Frugal Innovation relations?
– Are we Assessing Frugal Innovation and Risk?
– Is the profit margin holding?
Reverse innovation Critical Criteria:
Define Reverse innovation governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Reverse innovation strategies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Frugal Innovation product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Small is beautiful Critical Criteria:
Confer over Small is beautiful management and learn.
– Think of your Frugal Innovation project. what are the main functions?
Tata Group Critical Criteria:
Refer to Tata Group adoptions and define Tata Group competency-based leadership.
– Is a Frugal Innovation Team Work effort in place?
Tata Nano Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Tata Nano results and be persistent.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Frugal Innovation leaders?
– What are the barriers to increased Frugal Innovation production?
– Have all basic functions of Frugal Innovation been defined?
The Economist Critical Criteria:
Sort The Economist decisions and innovate what needs to be done with The Economist.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Frugal Innovation processes?
– Among the Frugal Innovation product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are specific Frugal Innovation Rules to follow?
The Financial Times Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about The Financial Times issues and sort The Financial Times activities.
– Do the Frugal Innovation decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Frugal Innovation objectives?
Thermoelectric effect Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Thermoelectric effect results and finalize specific methods for Thermoelectric effect acceptance.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Frugal Innovation project?
– Is the Frugal Innovation organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Frugal Innovation dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Frugal Innovation Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Frugal Innovation External links:
4 CEOs Who Are Making Frugal Innovation Work
Appropriate technology External links:
Home | Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT)
What are some examples of appropriate technology? – Quora
National Center for Appropriate Technology
Bottom of the pyramid External links:
Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid – YouTube
Marketing to the Bottom of the Pyramid Course with Seth Godin
Computer cooling External links:
Computer Cooling at Office Depot OfficeMax
Details about Wide 9-17″ USB Notebook Computer Cooling Adjustable Stand Pad Quiet Fans Black
Computer fan External links:
How Can I Quiet a Noisy Computer Fan? – Lifehacker
2 Awesome Life Hacks with DC Fan | Computer Fan – YouTube
Developing country External links:
Developing Country Partners | Global Partnership for …
How Do You Get Rich In A Developing Country? – YouTube
What Is a Developing Country? – The Balance
Disruptive innovation External links:
Digital Innovation | Disruptive Innovation | Insight
Disruptive Innovation – Clayton Christensen
Disruptive Innovation Definition | Investopedia
Durable good External links:
durable goods – Wiktionary
General Electric External links:
General Electric Credit Union
Portland General Electric – Official Site
Godrej Group External links:
Godrej Group, Mumbai, India. 85K likes. Established in 1897, Godrej is one of India’s oldest and most trusted brands.
Godrej Group – Home | Facebook
Godrej Group (@GodrejGroup) | Twitter
Jaideep Prabhu External links:
Jaideep Prabhu (@JaideepPrabhu) | Twitter
Search jaideep prabhu – Harvard Business Review
All articles by Jaideep Prabhu – Strategy+Business
Jaipur leg External links:
Jaipur leg | Asian Heart Institute
Manu Prakash External links:
Frugal science: Manu Prakash – Stanford 125
Manu Prakash – Brief but Spectacular | PBS NewsHour
Manu Prakash created a paper microscope – Business Insider
Mobile banking External links:
Skagit Bank Online Banking & Mobile Banking
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
Chase Mobile Banking – Chase Bank
Navi Radjou External links:
Navi Radjou (@NaviRadjou) | Twitter
Review: ‘Frugal Innovation’ by Navi Radjou and Jaideep …
Learn to unlearn: Navi Radjou at TEDxIsereRiver – YouTube
No frills External links:
No Frills (TV Series 1988– ) – IMDb
Welcome to No Frills | No Frills
Nokia 1100 External links:
nokia 1100 – Best Buy
Nokia 1100: Cell Phones & Accessories | eBay
One Laptop Per Child External links:
One Laptop Per Child – CBS News
Profit margin External links:
Profit Margin | Definition of Profit Margin by Merriam-Webster
Return on Equity: Profit Margin — The Motley Fool
How to Make a Profit Margin Formula in Excel | Chron.com
Reverse innovation External links:
The Explainer: Reverse Innovation – HBR Video
Reverse Innovation – Definition and Examples
reverse innovation « Deremer Studios
Small is beautiful External links:
Small Is Beautiful: A Tiny House Documentary | Netflix
Tata Group External links:
Tata group | Our businesses | Tata products and services
Tata Group – The New York Times
Tata Nano External links:
Tata Nano – Google+
2018 TATA NANO IS ON TRACK IN A NEW AVATAR – …
The Economist External links:
Executive Education Directory | The Economist
The Economist Radio
The Financial Times External links:
The Financial Times guide to data visualization – Digiday
The Financial Times – Medium
Thermoelectric effect External links:
[PDF]Thermoelectric effect Dr. Karna – tamuk.edu
What is Thermoelectric Effect or Seebeck Effect? – YouTube