What is involved in Information and communications technology
Find out what the related areas are that Information and communications technology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information and communications technology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information and communications technology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information and communications technology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information and communications technology related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information and communications technology, World Summit on the Information Society, Unified communications, Apple Watch, organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Telephone network, Telecommunications Policy, United States, ICT Development Index, Czech Republic, Nike+ FuelBand, 21st century skills, Computer programming, Accelerated pluralism, Digital divide, Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative, New social movements, Cloud computing, Hospital information system, Information and communications technology, Trends in Ecology & Evolution, Millennium Development Goals, United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force, United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Millennium Declaration, National Curriculum, Moinee Foundation, United Kingdom, Mobile Web, Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability, Information Age, Computer network, South Korea, Google TV, Market information systems, Enterprise software, Skills Framework for the Information Age, Picture archiving and communication system, Republic of Ireland, Cognitive infocommunications:
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Information and communications technology quality and ask questions.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Information and communications technology?
– What are all of our Information and communications technology domains and what do they do?
– Why are Information and communications technology skills important?
World Summit on the Information Society Critical Criteria:
Chat re World Summit on the Information Society failures and mentor World Summit on the Information Society customer orientation.
– Does Information and communications technology include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Information and communications technology?
– Are we Assessing Information and communications technology and Risk?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Unified communications engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Unified communications.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Information and communications technology strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Information and communications technology study?
– Does Information and communications technology appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Apple Watch Critical Criteria:
Participate in Apple Watch outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Can we do Information and communications technology without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How can skill-level changes improve Information and communications technology?
organization for Economic Co-operation and Development Critical Criteria:
Graph organization for Economic Co-operation and Development planning and develop and take control of the organization for Economic Co-operation and Development initiative.
– How do we measure improved Information and communications technology service perception, and satisfaction?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Information and communications technology project?
– Does the Information and communications technology task fit the clients priorities?
Telephone network Critical Criteria:
Dissect Telephone network goals and adjust implementation of Telephone network.
– Think about the people you identified for your Information and communications technology project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Information and communications technology? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Telecommunications Policy Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Telecommunications Policy outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Telecommunications Policy information.
– Is Supporting Information and communications technology documentation required?
United States Critical Criteria:
Consider United States visions and assess and formulate effective operational and United States strategies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Information and communications technology. How do we gain traction?
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Information and communications technology delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
ICT Development Index Critical Criteria:
Reorganize ICT Development Index planning and figure out ways to motivate other ICT Development Index users.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Information and communications technology is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we know that any Information and communications technology analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is Effective Information and communications technology?
Czech Republic Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Czech Republic outcomes and finalize specific methods for Czech Republic acceptance.
– In the case of a Information and communications technology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Information and communications technology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Information and communications technology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– When a Information and communications technology manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we go about Comparing Information and communications technology approaches/solutions?
Nike+ FuelBand Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Nike+ FuelBand goals and acquire concise Nike+ FuelBand education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Information and communications technology processes?
– Are accountability and ownership for Information and communications technology clearly defined?
– What about Information and communications technology Analysis of results?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Probe 21st century skills results and learn.
– How can you negotiate Information and communications technology successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we Improve Information and communications technology service perception, and satisfaction?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Computer programming quality and finalize specific methods for Computer programming acceptance.
– What are the disruptive Information and communications technology technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Think of your Information and communications technology project. what are the main functions?
Accelerated pluralism Critical Criteria:
Examine Accelerated pluralism decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Accelerated pluralism decisions.
– For your Information and communications technology project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Information and communications technology project?
Digital divide Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Digital divide visions and catalog Digital divide activities.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Information and communications technology processes of our organization?
– What is the purpose of Information and communications technology in relation to the mission?
Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative projects and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative information.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Information and communications technology moving forward?
– How is the value delivered by Information and communications technology being measured?
New social movements Critical Criteria:
Accumulate New social movements failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– To what extent does management recognize Information and communications technology as a tool to increase the results?
– What will drive Information and communications technology change?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Cloud computing adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Why is cloud computing important?
Hospital information system Critical Criteria:
Derive from Hospital information system visions and integrate design thinking in Hospital information system innovation.
– Consider your own Information and communications technology project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Information and communications technology opportunities costing us money?
– How much does Information and communications technology help?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
See the value of Information and communications technology leadership and shift your focus.
Trends in Ecology & Evolution Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Trends in Ecology & Evolution leadership and report on developing an effective Trends in Ecology & Evolution strategy.
– What are the short and long-term Information and communications technology goals?
– What are the long-term Information and communications technology goals?
– Do we have past Information and communications technology Successes?
Millennium Development Goals Critical Criteria:
Gauge Millennium Development Goals projects and define what do we need to start doing with Millennium Development Goals.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Information and communications technology strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is the Information and communications technology organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How to deal with Information and communications technology Changes?
United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough United Nations Information and Communication Technologies Task Force results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Information and communications technology workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Does Information and communications technology create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are current Information and communications technology Paradigms?
United Nations General Assembly Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on United Nations General Assembly results and sort United Nations General Assembly activities.
– Will Information and communications technology deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
United Nations Millennium Declaration Critical Criteria:
Value United Nations Millennium Declaration engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of United Nations Millennium Declaration.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Information and communications technology process?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Information and communications technology that make it risky?
– How will you measure your Information and communications technology effectiveness?
National Curriculum Critical Criteria:
Give examples of National Curriculum decisions and describe the risks of National Curriculum sustainability.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Information and communications technology into the services that we provide?
– Is there a Information and communications technology Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Moinee Foundation Critical Criteria:
Start Moinee Foundation adoptions and get going.
– Which customers cant participate in our Information and communications technology domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
United Kingdom Critical Criteria:
Incorporate United Kingdom failures and assess and formulate effective operational and United Kingdom strategies.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Information and communications technology activities?
Mobile Web Critical Criteria:
Start Mobile Web tasks and budget for Mobile Web challenges.
– Do those selected for the Information and communications technology team have a good general understanding of what Information and communications technology is all about?
– Is maximizing Information and communications technology protection the same as minimizing Information and communications technology loss?
– How do we manage Information and communications technology Knowledge Management (KM)?
Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability issues and probe the present value of growth of Information and communication technologies for environmental sustainability.
Information Age Critical Criteria:
Apply Information Age outcomes and cater for concise Information Age education.
– Why is Information and communications technology important for you now?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Recall Computer network outcomes and oversee implementation of Computer network.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Information and communications technology project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Think about the functions involved in your Information and communications technology project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
South Korea Critical Criteria:
Apply South Korea adoptions and catalog what business benefits will South Korea goals deliver if achieved.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Information and communications technology processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Information and communications technology agendas for the next 3 years?
Google TV Critical Criteria:
Own Google TV governance and oversee Google TV requirements.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Information and communications technology does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is Information and communications technology Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we keep improving Information and communications technology?
Market information systems Critical Criteria:
Frame Market information systems results and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we go about Securing Information and communications technology?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Enterprise software decisions and get answers.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– What threat is Information and communications technology addressing?
Skills Framework for the Information Age Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Skills Framework for the Information Age leadership and find answers.
– How do we Identify specific Information and communications technology investment and emerging trends?
Picture archiving and communication system Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Picture archiving and communication system governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Picture archiving and communication system.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Information and communications technology project manager?
– How can we improve Information and communications technology?
Republic of Ireland Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Republic of Ireland tactics and gather practices for scaling Republic of Ireland.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Information and communications technology project?
– Is a Information and communications technology Team Work effort in place?
Cognitive infocommunications Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Cognitive infocommunications quality and cater for concise Cognitive infocommunications education.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information and communications technology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information and communications technology External links:
[PDF]2 Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
“Information and Communications Technology Utilization …
Information and Communications Technology
Information and communication technology is an another/extensional term for information technology which stresses the role of unified communications and the integration of telecommunications, computers as well as necessary enterprise software, middleware, storage, and audio-visual systems, which enable users to access, store, transmit, and manipulate information.
World Summit on the Information Society External links:
The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Phase …
IFLA — World Summit on the Information Society
World Summit on the Information Society – State
Unified communications External links:
OUC | Office of Unified Communications
Unified Communications & Collaboration | NEC
Apple Watch External links:
Apple Accessories for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, iPod, …
Stay connected with cellular connectivity. Apple watch series 3 offers intelligent activity tracking and powerful health tools.
5 Things to Know If You Plan to Buy an Apple Watch
organization for Economic Co-operation and Development External links:
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development …
Telephone network External links:
What is a Public Switched Telephone Network? – Lifewire
Telephone Network Interface | eBay
Telecommunications Policy External links:
[PDF]Office of Telecommunications Policy Department of …
United States External links:
Intellicast – Current Radar in United States
ICT Development Index External links:
ITU | 2017 Global ICT Development Index
Czech Republic External links:
Hotel in Prague City Centre – Czech Republic – Marriott
Czech Republic – Prague
The FEBS Congress 2018 – Prague, Czech Republic
21st century skills External links:
21st Century Skills Definition – The Glossary of …
[PDF]An Overview of EVALUATION 21st Century Skills
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
XKLOADER2 – 2nd Gen XPRESSKIT Computer Programming tool
Digital divide External links:
Closing the Digital Divide | Google Fiber Community Impact
New social movements External links:
[PDF]New Social Movements in Historical Perspective – jstor
New Social Movements Flashcards | Quizlet
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Hospital information system External links:
CertaCure – Hospital Information System
Hospital Information System (HIS) – Wipro
LTAC Hospital Information System Solution| VersaSuite™
Information and communications technology External links:
“Information and Communications Technology Utilization …
[PDF]2 Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
Trends in Ecology & Evolution External links:
Issue: Trends in Ecology & Evolution – Cell
Trends in Ecology & Evolution – Home | Facebook
Trends in Ecology & Evolution – Journal – Elsevier
Millennium Development Goals External links:
Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Visualization | …
Millennium Development Goals – Official Site
United Nations General Assembly External links:
United Nations General Assembly by the numbers – CNN
United Nations General Assembly – Official Site
United Nations General Assembly Resolution 3314 (XXIX)
United Nations Millennium Declaration External links:
OHCHR | United Nations Millennium Declaration
United Nations Millennium Declaration
National Curriculum External links:
[PDF]ACT National Curriculum Survey 2016
[PDF]2016 ACT National Curriculum Survey
Moinee Foundation External links:
Moinee Foundation, Jaipur, India. 585 likes. Freedom By Knowledge “An Initiative to Support – Right To QUALITY Education.”
Moinee Foundation – Home | Facebook
United Kingdom External links:
United Kingdom – Faith – The George Michael Legacy
Calendar for Year 2013 (United Kingdom) – Time and Date
Luxury Women’s Fashion Accessories – United Kingdom
Mobile Web External links:
USPS Mobile Web
SignUpGenius Mobile Web App
Sephora Mobile Apps & Mobile Web | Sephora
Information Age External links:
The information age (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Information Age (@InformationAge) | Twitter
About Information Age
Computer network External links:
Computer Network Support Specialists
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
Computer Network Security, B.S. – Wilmington University
South Korea External links:
North and South Korea to discuss military tensions – CNN
Explore Seongnam, South Korea from our Courtyard Seoul Pangyo, a modern hotel with luxury rooms, contemporary meeting spaces and an ideal Bundang location.
Current Local Time in Seoul, South Korea – Time and Date
Google TV External links:
Pandora® Radio for Google TV – Android Apps on Google Play
Google TV: What you need to know (FAQ) – CNET
Market information systems External links:
[PDF]An Assessment of Market Information Systems in Africa
Market Information Systems (D) Task Force
Real-Time Labor Market Information Systems | GW …
Enterprise software External links:
Cloud Enterprise Software Specialized by Industry | Infor
Enterprise software licensing | Adobe Buying Programs
Aspen Grove Solutions – Property Enterprise Software
Skills Framework for the Information Age External links:
The Skills Framework for the Information Age – SFIA
Picture archiving and communication system External links:
[PPT]Picture archiving and communication system – PACS
Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) …
Republic of Ireland External links:
The Republic of Ireland – Britannica.com