What is involved in Enterprise Unified Process
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Unified Process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Unified Process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Unified Process related domains to cover and 298 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Unified Process, Risk management, Systems analysis, Business process modeling, Iterative and incremental development, Unified Process, Environment discipline, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Enterprise Business Modeling, Software design, Software deployment, Computer programming, Niklaus Wirth, Service-oriented architecture, Systems development life cycle, Spiral model, Requirements engineering, Object-oriented programming, Bertrand Meyer, Analysis and Design, Peri Tarr, Software quality assurance, Structured analysis, Watts Humphrey, Systems modeling, ISO/IEC 15504, Programming paradigm, Data model, Investment management, Configuration and Change Management, Software prototyping, Object model, Software maintenance, Software verification and validation, Project Management, Systems engineering, Functional specification, Rational Unified Process, Danese Cooper, Enterprise architecture, Disciplined Agile Delivery, Ivar Jacobson, Software configuration management, Software testing, Software archaeology, Formal methods, Enterprise Administration, Trygve Reenskaug, People Management, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Agile software development, Software manufacturing, Computer engineering, Software engineering, Software architecture, Information model, Aspect-oriented software development, Software Process Improvement, Function model, View model, Data modeling, Rapid application development, Executable UML, Extreme programming, Software development process, Strategic Reuse, Entity–relationship model, Operations and Support:
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Enterprise Unified Process leadership and report on developing an effective Enterprise Unified Process strategy.
– In what ways are Enterprise Unified Process vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Enterprise Unified Process project?
– What is our formula for success in Enterprise Unified Process ?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Risk management governance and report on setting up Risk management without losing ground.
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– How do you monitor your Cybersecurity posture on business IT systems and ICS systems and communicate status and needs to leadership?
– Has identifying and assessing security and privacy risks been incorporated into the overall Risk Management planning?
– Does our organization have a Cybersecurity Risk Management process that is functioning and repeatable?
– Does the management team seek or receive routine updates on risks and advancements in Cybersecurity?
– Is there a person at our organization who assesses vulnerabilities, consequences, and threats?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– Do we do risk identification by answering the question what can go wrong?
– Do we evaluate security risks associated with proposed software?
– What high-level systems methods do we use in risk management?
– How do we decide if there is any corrective action needed?
– Does the board have a conflict of interest policy?
– How are risks currently identified, assigned and mitigated?
– Are your recovery strategies regularly updated?
– What is our Risk Management committee?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Systems analysis governance and catalog what business benefits will Systems analysis goals deliver if achieved.
– Can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– What are the important external or multisectoral determinants of system performance?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– How is a systems analysis different than other scientific analyses?
– In which of the stages will end-user involvement be most extensive?
– How can case tools be used to support requirements determination?
– What records are kept and how do they fit in with the functions?
– How do we practically monitor or measure margin to criticality?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– What means can a project sponsor use to communicate?
– What will drive Enterprise Unified Process change?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– How do we use life cycle assessment?
– Which organizational units affected?
– Why do we need this method?
– How will the system work?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Reason over Business process modeling outcomes and arbitrate Business process modeling techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Enterprise Unified Process strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What business benefits will Enterprise Unified Process goals deliver if achieved?
– What is Effective Enterprise Unified Process?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Iterative and incremental development decisions and improve Iterative and incremental development service perception.
– Does Enterprise Unified Process appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are current Enterprise Unified Process Paradigms?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Unified Process strategies and point out Unified Process tensions in leadership.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Enterprise Unified Process information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Enterprise Unified Process processes of our organization?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Enterprise Unified Process move?
Environment discipline Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Environment discipline adoptions and overcome Environment discipline skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the key elements of your Enterprise Unified Process performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Enterprise Unified Process objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How would one define Enterprise Unified Process leadership?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Edsger W. Dijkstra engagements and gather practices for scaling Edsger W. Dijkstra.
– What are internal and external Enterprise Unified Process relations?
– How will you measure your Enterprise Unified Process effectiveness?
– How can the value of Enterprise Unified Process be defined?
Enterprise Business Modeling Critical Criteria:
Derive from Enterprise Business Modeling leadership and arbitrate Enterprise Business Modeling techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Enterprise Unified Process does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Enterprise Unified Process requirements in detail?
– What are all of our Enterprise Unified Process domains and what do they do?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software design goals and ask what if.
– What is the purpose of Enterprise Unified Process in relation to the mission?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Review Software deployment failures and probe Software deployment strategic alliances.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Enterprise Unified Process experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Enterprise Unified Process agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is a Enterprise Unified Process Team Work effort in place?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Analyze Computer programming leadership and integrate design thinking in Computer programming innovation.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Enterprise Unified Process activities?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Model after Niklaus Wirth risks and define Niklaus Wirth competency-based leadership.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Unified Process project?
– Have you identified your Enterprise Unified Process key performance indicators?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Service-oriented architecture strategies and tour deciding if Service-oriented architecture progress is made.
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Unified Process decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is Enterprise Unified Process dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the long-term Enterprise Unified Process goals?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Systems development life cycle strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Systems development life cycle results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise Unified Process product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Think of your Enterprise Unified Process project. what are the main functions?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– What are the business goals Enterprise Unified Process is aiming to achieve?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Study Spiral model governance and achieve a single Spiral model view and bringing data together.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise Unified Process leader?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Requirements engineering quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise Unified Process process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise Unified Process process available?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Object-oriented programming strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Object-oriented programming strategies.
– How do we maintain Enterprise Unified Processs Integrity?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Bertrand Meyer tactics and spearhead techniques for implementing Bertrand Meyer.
– How likely is the current Enterprise Unified Process plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Enterprise Unified Process?
Analysis and Design Critical Criteria:
Trace Analysis and Design projects and find out.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– How can you negotiate Enterprise Unified Process successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise Unified Process opportunities costing us money?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: who is it?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Peri Tarr visions and probe the present value of growth of Peri Tarr.
– What are specific Enterprise Unified Process Rules to follow?
– How can we improve Enterprise Unified Process?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Software quality assurance management and define Software quality assurance competency-based leadership.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is there a Enterprise Unified Process Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– How do we manage Enterprise Unified Process Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are our Enterprise Unified Process Processes?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Talk about Structured analysis goals and oversee implementation of Structured analysis.
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise Unified Process been defined?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Watts Humphrey issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Enterprise Unified Process ?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Grasp Systems modeling management and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we go about Comparing Enterprise Unified Process approaches/solutions?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Transcribe ISO/IEC 15504 tasks and devote time assessing ISO/IEC 15504 and its risk.
– For your Enterprise Unified Process project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Enterprise Unified Process process?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Explore Programming paradigm decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Programming paradigm.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise Unified Process process?
– What vendors make products that address the Enterprise Unified Process needs?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Data model projects and remodel and develop an effective Data model strategy.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Unified Process workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Can we do Enterprise Unified Process without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Investment management Critical Criteria:
Understand Investment management adoptions and display thorough understanding of the Investment management process.
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Unified Process outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What threat is Enterprise Unified Process addressing?
Configuration and Change Management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Configuration and Change Management governance and assess what counts with Configuration and Change Management that we are not counting.
– Do we have past Enterprise Unified Process Successes?
– Why are Enterprise Unified Process skills important?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software prototyping results and get going.
– Do those selected for the Enterprise Unified Process team have a good general understanding of what Enterprise Unified Process is all about?
– Who sets the Enterprise Unified Process standards?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Understand Object model engagements and ask questions.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise Unified Process?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Chat re Software maintenance failures and intervene in Software maintenance processes and leadership.
– In the case of a Enterprise Unified Process project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Unified Process project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Unified Process project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Enterprise Unified Process in a volatile global economy?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Map Software verification and validation projects and differentiate in coordinating Software verification and validation.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Enterprise Unified Process. How do we gain traction?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Unified Process as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise Unified Process investment and emerging trends?
Project Management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Project Management governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Project Management decisions.
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Unified Process project?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– What is meant by an integrative approach to project management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– What is agile anyways?
– What is scrum?
– When is done done?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Shape Systems engineering goals and check on ways to get started with Systems engineering.
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– Why use systems engineering?
– What are our objectives?
– Right implementation?
– How confident are we?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Shape Functional specification strategies and mentor Functional specification customer orientation.
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Drive Rational Unified Process governance and innovate what needs to be done with Rational Unified Process.
– Are there recognized Enterprise Unified Process problems?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Danese Cooper decisions and separate what are the business goals Danese Cooper is aiming to achieve.
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise Unified Process skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise Unified Process study?
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Unified Process goals?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Enterprise architecture tactics and revise understanding of Enterprise architecture architectures.
– Can we add value to the current Enterprise Unified Process decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Disciplined Agile Delivery Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Disciplined Agile Delivery adoptions and oversee Disciplined Agile Delivery requirements.
– Is maximizing Enterprise Unified Process protection the same as minimizing Enterprise Unified Process loss?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How much does Enterprise Unified Process help?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Ivar Jacobson engagements and acquire concise Ivar Jacobson education.
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Unified Process organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Unified Process ?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Software configuration management outcomes and correct better engagement with Software configuration management results.
– Do the Enterprise Unified Process decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Software testing quality and innovate what needs to be done with Software testing.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise Unified Process?
– What are the usability implications of Enterprise Unified Process actions?
– Do we all define Enterprise Unified Process in the same way?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Software archaeology adoptions and gather Software archaeology models .
– What potential environmental factors impact the Enterprise Unified Process effort?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Jump start Formal methods adoptions and gather Formal methods models .
– Will Enterprise Unified Process have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Enterprise Administration Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Enterprise Administration leadership and summarize a clear Enterprise Administration focus.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Enterprise Unified Process process?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise Unified Process deliverables?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Study Trygve Reenskaug goals and budget for Trygve Reenskaug challenges.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise Unified Process with what users do day-to-day?
– Is Supporting Enterprise Unified Process documentation required?
People Management Critical Criteria:
Own People Management failures and work towards be a leading People Management expert.
– How will you know that the Enterprise Unified Process project has been successful?
– How is the value delivered by Enterprise Unified Process being measured?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Capability Maturity Model Integration adoptions and shift your focus.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Unified Process strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise Unified Process stated explicitly?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Agile software development governance and overcome Agile software development skills and management ineffectiveness.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– A separate test team?
Software manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Software manufacturing engagements and create Software manufacturing explanations for all managers.
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide Computer engineering governance and describe the risks of Computer engineering sustainability.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise Unified Process processes?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Unified Process defined?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Software engineering failures and oversee implementation of Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Will Enterprise Unified Process deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Software architecture strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Consider your own Enterprise Unified Process project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Enterprise Unified Process?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Information model adoptions and revise understanding of Information model architectures.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Does the Enterprise Unified Process task fit the clients priorities?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Coach on Aspect-oriented software development adoptions and observe effective Aspect-oriented software development.
Software Process Improvement Critical Criteria:
Unify Software Process Improvement tasks and ask what if.
– Is the Enterprise Unified Process organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Unified Process and Risk?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Analyze Function model planning and find answers.
– Among the Enterprise Unified Process product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
View model Critical Criteria:
Review View model planning and be persistent.
– When a Enterprise Unified Process manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Boost Data modeling failures and report on setting up Data modeling without losing ground.
– How important is Enterprise Unified Process to the user organizations mission?
– How can skill-level changes improve Enterprise Unified Process?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Trace Rapid application development decisions and report on developing an effective Rapid application development strategy.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project makes financial sense?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– What opportunities might a new or enhanced system provide?
– Is there a need to exchange data with other applications?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What are the associated risks?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Jump start Executable UML goals and slay a dragon.
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Discourse Extreme programming goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software development process goals and get the big picture.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
Strategic Reuse Critical Criteria:
Apply Strategic Reuse issues and correct better engagement with Strategic Reuse results.
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Use past Entity–relationship model goals and secure Entity–relationship model creativity.
Operations and Support Critical Criteria:
Focus on Operations and Support decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Enterprise Unified Process forward?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Risk management External links:
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Global Supply Chain Risk Management Solutions | Avetta
Global Leader in Risk Management Solutions | Pinkerton
Systems analysis External links:
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
[PDF]SYSTEMS ANALYSIS – WHAT, WHY AND HOW
Systems Analysis and Design 2 Flashcards | Quizlet
Business process modeling External links:
[PDF]Business Process Modeling and Standards
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Iterative and incremental development External links:
Iterative and Incremental Development – Quora
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Unified Process External links:
Unified Process Life Cycle Flashcards | Quizlet
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra – A.M. Turing Award Winner
Edsger W. Dijkstra • IEEE Computer Society
Enterprise Business Modeling External links:
CiteSeerX — Cross Enterprise Business Modeling with …
Software design External links:
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Software Design and Development | Green River
MjM Software Design
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
[PDF]Automating Software Deployment – New York University
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer Programming – ed2go
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth by on Prezi
Niklaus Wirth — A Pioneer of Computer Science 1 – …
Niklaus Wirth – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Systems development life cycle External links:
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) …
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 5
Spiral model External links:
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
[PDF]A Spiral Model of Software Development and …
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
Requirements Engineering: Processes and Techniques …
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Object-oriented programming External links:
What is encapsulation in Java? | Object-Oriented Programming
What Is Object-Oriented Programming? – Upwork
CS15 | Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming in Java
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer • IEEE Computer Society
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Analysis and Design External links:
[PDF]Foundation Analysis and Design – c.ymcdn.com
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance Jobs – Monster.com
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Watts Humphrey External links:
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
Watts Humphrey: An Outrageous Commitment, A Lifelong Mission
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
[PDF]The OMG SysML Tutorial – OMG Systems Modeling …
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
Programming paradigm External links:
Programming Paradigms – Loyola Marymount University
Programming Paradigm Flashcards | Quizlet
Data model External links:
What’s the difference between data model and object …
Difference between Data Model and Database Schema in …
Investment management External links:
Ivy Investments | Investment Management Company
First Eagle Investment Management
Scottrade Investment Management Login
Configuration and Change Management External links:
2.150.1 Configuration and Change Management …
network configuration and change management tools – …
10-5 Configuration and Change Management
Software prototyping External links:
Answers to Study Questions | Software Prototyping | …
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
Object model External links:
Object Model calls may fail from WorkbookOpen event …
COM: Component Object Model Technologies
Software verification and validation External links:
Software Verification and Validation – superioressaypapers
Project Management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Systems engineering External links:
DoD Systems Engineering
Functional specification External links:
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Rational Unified Process External links:
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia …
Standards, compliance, and Rational Unified Process
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper – Google+
Danese Cooper (@DivaDanese) | Twitter
Danese Cooper | Flickr
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Disciplined Agile Delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Google+
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson Profiles | Facebook
Software configuration management External links:
[PDF]Software Configuration Management A Clear Case …
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
Set up the software configuration management …
Software testing External links:
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
tap|QA – Software Testing, Continuous Integration, Selenium
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology – CODE Online
Formal methods External links:
[PDF]Introducing Formal Methods – MIT – Massachusetts …
Langley Formal Methods Program • DAIDALUS
FM 2018: Oxford 15-17 July 2018 – Formal Methods Europe
Enterprise Administration External links:
Retarus Enterprise Administration Services
Insurance Enterprise Administration
ESRI Enterprise Administration Associate – Army COOL
People Management External links:
Home | UC People Management Conference
Excellence in people management – Home | Facebook
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Agile software development External links:
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
Introducing Agile Software Development
Computer engineering External links:
UAB – Electrical and Computer Engineering – Home
Electrical & Computer Engineering | College of Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture | Overview
Software Architecture Conference | Microservices …
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Information model External links:
[PDF]Diagnoses Information Model – theprsb.org
Jail Information Model (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG – ietf.org
Aspect-oriented software development External links:
Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development …
Software Process Improvement External links:
[PDF]Software Process Improvement: An Introduction
[PDF]Software Process Improvement Works! Advanced …
Measuring the Software Process: Statistical Process Control for Software Process Improvement [William A. Florac, Anita D. Carleton] on …
Function model External links:
Mouse Population function model? | Yahoo Answers
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
[PDF]360 Thinking: An Executive Function Model and …
View model External links:
A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model # K-00HA: …
Data modeling External links:
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Data Modeling | IT Pro
Rapid application development External links:
RAD – Rapid Application Development
Executable UML External links:
Executable UML (xUML)
[PDF]Executable UML: A Foundation for Model Driven …
Building an Executable UML Model | Agile MDA | InformIT
Extreme programming External links:
Extreme Programming Core Practices – Welcome Visitors
What is Extreme Programming? (XP) | Process Maturity | FAQ
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? | Agile Alliance
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Operations and Support External links:
PrOSE – Partner Operations and Support Experience
Operations and Support (O&S) Phase-Defense …
Operations and Support – Passaic County Sheriff’s Office